Friday, October 10, 2014

Parallel Lives Art Project: Vampire Pt 1 Rough Draft

I am a big fan of Magic the Gathering and it stemmed my love of art. I am currently taking art classes in college and I thought it would be awesome to start a project. Over the weekend I began a project that has been going through my head for a while. In Magic there is a very popular block called Innistrad. It is full of classic horror troupes such as vampires, werewolves, and zombies. In such a place as Innistrad one human could possibly end up as any one of these monsters, or just a meal for them. It could also survive and remain a human, or could ascend an join the angels. So my goal is to paint the same man as a vampire, a werewolf, a zombie, a human, and an angel (maybe a demon too.) These paintings are mostly for my own benefit to practice and gain experience. The first painting in this series is the man as a vampire. I am starting each one as a rough pencil sketch on canvas, and then will paint them in acrylics. Maybe towards the end I will try using oils, but that all depends on how I feel the series is going.
So here is the rough sketch. One comment already is to make the eyebrows more dramatic. Please share if you have any comments (including constructive criticism) or ideas please comment. A cool artist who did a lot of vampire art for Innistrad is Cynthia Sheppard. Please visit her blog for amazing art here

No comments:

Post a Comment